ALMCO Limited fully accepts its responsibility for providing a safe working environment and is totally committed to promoting and maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, and environmental management within all Company activities. To realize this vision, all ALMCO operations and employees shall work together to protect the quality of the environment and the health and safety of our employees and clients.
ALMCO has in place a Health, Safety, and Environmental management system in accordance with its ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 14001:2004 for all our activities that drives continual improvement. The HSE Management System outlines HSE accountabilities to implement this Policy and requires that we Establish and maintain an HSE Management System that facilitates a structured approach to the management of HSE risk;
– Identify and manage risks to as low as reasonably practicable where they have the potential to cause an accident, injury or illness to people, or unacceptable impacts on the environment or the community;
– Provide adequate human, financial and time resources to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the HSE Management System;
– Provide safe workplaces and systems of work, empower employees and contractors to address unsafe or hazardous situations and carry out their work in a manner that does not present a risk to themselves, others or the environment;
– Keep up to date with relevant health, safety, and environmental legislative Achieve and maintain compliance with these obligations;
– Set objectives and targets which promote the efficient use of energy and resources, the minimization of wastes and emissions and the prevention of pollution;
– Promote a safe culture that encourages people to proactively manage health safety and environmental risk through education, instruction, information, and supervision;
– Clearly define and communicate staff and contractor responsibilities in relation to health and safety;
– Require Contractors to manage HSE using standards and practices that accord with this Policy;
– Monitor own operations and those of our contractors by evaluating performance against systems, procedures and regulations, report HSE performance whilst providing a foundation for continuous
General Manager will ensure the effective implementation, management, and monitoring of the HSE Management System and its subsequent outcomes. While management carries these accountabilities and responsibilities, if they are to be fully effective, responsibility and accountability for health, safety, and environment must be owned by all employees and contractors of ALMCO. This will be demonstrated by everyone showing awareness, understanding, and compliance with regulatory and company HSE standards and requirements.